Check out the benefits of cucumber face mask for skin naturally. Learn about the useful properties of the same along with various effects it has on acne, dark circles, skin whitening, and aging. Also, find out the home remedies made from this vegetable for glowing skin.
The facial mask of fresh cucumbers is easy to prepare, has an instant effect, relieves tension and is absolutely irreplaceable for modern women. Even the simple recipes are extremely effective. It is suitable for oily skin, eliminate excessive dryness, and remove traces of fatigue. In general, they are almost universal for face and skin.
Benefits of Cucumber for Skin
The secret of efficiency, in this case, is all part of this simple vegetable. It is 80% water, but the remaining 20% contain a lot of substances useful for the skin. The flesh of the cucumber is a real treasure trove of elements that transform the skin. Some of these benefits of cucumber face mask for skin are as follows.
- Vitamin A is very important for dry skin. It moisturizes, removes stiffness and peeling.
- Riboflavin restores the proper breathing of the skin.
- Thiamine rejuvenates and protects the skin from external influences.
- Folic acid eliminates acne and pimples.
- Pantothenic acid helps smooth out small wrinkles, and deeper makes it almost invisible.
- Pyridoxine stimulates cellular metabolism.
- Tocopherol promotes cell renewal.
- Ascorbic acid returns elasticity to the skin.
- Phylloquinone helps to remove redness, eliminates swelling, and relieves pigment spots.
- Biotin accelerates the regeneration of damaged tissues.
- Niacin gives the skin a fresh look.
The incredible effect that the facial mask has on cucumbers is also due to the content of mineral salts, enzymes, and organic acids. They are widely used in cosmetology for skin rejuvenation.
In the composition of cucumbers there are no irritating components. So the products based on these components are suitable even for the skin around the eyes, which is characterized by a particularly delicate and delicate texture.
Use of Cucumber Face Mask for Skin
There are many benefits of cucumber face mask for the skin. The juice of these fragrant vegetables moisturizes, refreshes, tones up, and soothes the skin. Some of the ways one can use cucumber face mask are as follows.
- Whitening mask on their basis is considered one of the most effective. Regular application of such a composition eliminates freckles, smooths the complexion thereby making areas with increased pigmentation less noticeable.
- The fact is that the pH level of cucumbers is equal to the index of acid-base balance of the skin. Therefore, the preparations on their basis have a beneficial effect on the skin and do not lead to an allergic reaction.
- A cucumber mask at home is an excellent remedy for eliminating excessive fat content, preventing inflammation and tightening pores. Particularly effective is the use of a preparation made from cucumber and protein.
- Dark circles under the eyes or eye bags is a problem quite common. A very popular way of eliminating them is by applying cucumber slices to the eyes and the surrounding area. The juice of fresh vegetables can relieve even small bruises.
- In case of acne, if they are very strong then you will have to use medicines. However, with a minor problem, it will be enough to wipe clean skin with a slice of fresh cucumber.
- With increased dryness, the cucumber juice is no less effective than an expensive moisturizing mask.
- At the first signs of wilting, the cucumber can be used as a tonic and restoring skin elasticity.
- Hyperpigmentation and reduced pigmentation lead to the appearance of unaesthetic spots. With this problem, this wonderful vegetable will become the first assistant. Especially if the allergy is prone, when the use of medicines is impossible.
- Acne, areas of inflammation, irritation of the skin, it is also recommended to use cucumber juice in the presence of these problems.
Contraindication of Cucumber Face Mask for Skin
Contraindications in case of cucumber for skin are very few.
Cucumber face mask at home should be prepared without chemical ingredients and adding drugs. In this case, its use cannot lead to side effects.
Cucumber masks that have been obtained ready-made can cause undesirable effects if they contain aggressive components or allergens.
So, in its natural form cucumber mask have slight to no contraindications for face or skin. Also, check for allergies of cucumber. They are observed in few people but it’s best to check if you are one of them before using it.
Proper Way to Prepare Cucumber Face Mask
How to make a mask of cucumbers to get the maximum effect?
For its preparation, it is better to take a pre-chilled vegetable. It must be washed, cut into thin slices, and covered with the skin of the face.
During the procedure, it is recommended to take a horizontal position. Relaxed muscles absorb the beneficial substances better and besides the slices will not fall all the time.
If you need only a cucumber juice, it is easy to get it using a juicer or simply wiping cucumbers on a grater and squeezing it out by placing a piece of clean gauze into a piece.
Another option is rubbed cucumber poured with ordinary water and use the resulting solution as a means for washing or rubbing the face.
It is also important to know how long to keep a cucumber mask. So here are some conditions for that.
- When applied to the eye, a quarter of an hour is required.
- If slices are used, keep them longer like 20-25 minutes.
- Cucumber juice does not need to be washed off as it is perfectly absorbed by the skin.
Homemade Remedies for Cucumber Face Mask
There are several ways to prepare cucumber face mask for skin. Some of these well tested and common home remedies are as follows.
- Cream and Cucumber Mask
Refreshing face masks are suitable for tired skin. They perfectly tone up, smooth out fine wrinkles, and eliminate flabbiness.
This is one of the most effective recipes as it helps to reap all the benefits of cucumber face mask for skin.
Mix in equal proportions the pink water with cucumber juice, add a little cream and beat them into a light foam.
Cover your skin with this paste, hold for about a quarter of an hour, then remove with a paper towel.
To get the best effect, you can wipe the skin with rose water.
- Vegetable Mask for Face Skin
Cucumber juice saves even from swelling and fatigue of the eyes.
Vegetables must first be placed in the freezer and extracted before the very beginning of the procedure.
Cut a few thin slices as you need to put them on your eyelids.
After 15 minutes, the swelling will subside, traces of fatigue will become less noticeable, and fresh skin color will recover.
- Cucumber with Clay Mask
Grind or grate a small fresh cucumber, mix with clay (preferably white, about 1/2 spoon), add boiled water.
The mass should resemble thick porridge.
Cover the skin evenly with a uniform layer and leave it to dry.
Later, wash off with cool water.
- Honey and Cucumber Mask
Redness and pigmentation spots can be eliminated using a preparation made from a mixture of cucumber and honey with an infusion of parsley.
- Lemon and Cucumber Mask
The mask of cucumber and lemon will remove bags from under your eyes, smooth out “crow’s feet”, and moisturize the skin.
To make it, you need half a cucumber or one small vegetable and a few drops of lemon juice.
To the grated cucumber add the juice of citrus, a few minutes are kept in the cold (you can in the freezer), then moistened in the resulting mixture of cotton swabs and apply to the skin under the eyes.
After a quarter of an hour, the eye area should be rinsed with cold water.
- Oatmeal and Cucumber Mask
The composition of cucumber and oatmeal moisturizes, soothes, tones, it restores the skin elasticity and gives it a beautiful healthy appearance.
The cucumber, ground on a fine grater, is mixed with a glass of oatmeal and yogurt. It should be a homogeneous, thick mass.
After the procedure, you can clean the skin with cucumber lotion.
- Cucumber and Parsley Mask
The composition based on cucumber and parsley is effective for the ocular area, and for the rest of the face. It has a whitening, toning, rejuvenating effect.
To prepare the mixture, you must first prepare the parsley infusion.
For this, crushed green herbs are poured over boiled water for half an hour.
50 ml of the filtered product is added to the grated cucumber and the entire face skin is smeared with gruel.
- Sour Cream and Cucumber Mask
For a thorough moisturizing of any skin type, a mask of cucumber and sour cream is suitable.
Ingredients should be taken in equal proportions.
The best result is the addition of a small amount of rose water to the mixture.
Now, you know all about the benefits of cucumber face mask for skin along with ways to prepare it at home. So, our only hope is that you use it wisely and take all the necessary precautions. Cucumber is great for skin to increase skin’s beauty and to help with the anti-aging process. One can use cucumber as a prevention of the problems like dark circles, eye bags, acne and other skin problems.