Check out the various benefits of sea salt scrub for skin naturally. Learn about the cosmetic properties of saline or crystal salt for face and body. Also, find out various home remedies for massage, whitening, and exfoliation along with ways and rules to use it.
Salt is a unique and very useful mineral that has a natural origin. Without this substance, life on the Earth is simply impossible. Salt is found in vegetables, fruits, and plants. To ensure the normal functioning of the human body, it is necessary to regularly replenish the salt reserve. The most important thing is to stick to the balance, since not only lack but also excess salt negatively affects the overall health.
With excess salt, there is a risk of developing hypertension, the appearance of excess weight, and in case of its lack, there is a violation of the correct sodium metabolism. It is manifested by such signs as severe drying of the skin, the weakening of muscles begins, and a sharp decrease in body weight is observed. The human body receives salt not only in its pure form, adding it to food during cooking, but also from natural food.
Cosmetic Properties of Sea Salt
The natural mineral like sea salt has lots of positive effect on the skin. This is the very reason why salt is widely used in the field of cosmetology. Some of the benefits of seas salt scrub for skin are as follows.
- Intensive whitening of the skin.
- Mechanical soft cleaning is carried out.
- Skin cells are saturated with natural and useful minerals.
- There is a pronounced antiseptic effect.
- The excess of fat and moisture is gently removed from the skin.
- It helps soften the skin by clearing the dead skin cells.
- It is a natural exfoliator for face and body skin.
Today, salt is a part of a variety of scrubs, tonics, peelings, as well as exfoliating masks produced by modern pharmaceutical companies. This natural product is widely used in SPA-salons during various cosmetic procedures designed for skin care. However, the most accessible and simple use of salt is a special scrub that you can easily and quickly prepare yourself at home, adding simple and natural ingredients.
Rules to Use Sea Salt Scrub
Body scrub with sea salt has long been used in cosmetology for skin care of the body and face.
Due to the rich composition of trace elements that make up its composition like magnesium, iron, calcium, etc.), the people get the desired effect.
If you take baths with sea salt, then in this way not only improve the general condition of the skin but also make it silky and tender.
In the treatment of cellulite, it is an indispensable assistant, and many of us, for sure, have already heard about its benefits and therapeutic effect.
Many women who regularly perform such a procedure leave only positive feedback, as they began to notice the desired result.
However, to reap the benefits of sea salt scrub for the skin you need to follow some simple rules as follows.
- Do not use the scrub on the skin in the area around the lips and eyes. With extreme care, the neckline massage is performed.
- A facial scrub will be much more effective if the composition is applied to the preheated skin. For this purpose, you can use a simple compress. A terry towel is wetted in warm water and applied to the skin for about 6-8 minutes. Thanks to this procedure, the skin becomes more susceptible to the benefits of sea salt scrub.
- Saline scrub for the body is recommended to use after taking a hot bath or shower.
- It is forbidden to perform a cosmetic procedure with the use of salt scrub if on the surface of the skin there are abscesses, dermatitis or acne. Otherwise, such actions can provoke infection of the skin or significantly increase the existing inflammatory process.
- The optimal application of salt scrub is the following periodicity. For problem and oily skin once a week, for dry and normal 2-3 times within a month.
- When applying the product to the skin, it is necessary to be extremely cautious. On the face, the product is applied strictly on the massage lines, on the body with soft circular motions. It is not recommended to use force, as there is a risk of injuring delicate skin.
- In the end, the remnants of salt scrub are washed off with plenty of warm water. It is necessary to moisturize the skin with any nourishing cream or cosmetic milk after the procedure.
Sea Salt Scrub for Face Skin
It is impossible to get a gentle, smooth and velvety skin without regular, and most importantly, proper cleansing. There should not remain the decay products released by the epidermis during metabolic processes, as well as the dead particles of cells on the surface of the skin after a cleansing.
To obtain a qualitative cleansing, it will not be enough with simple hygienic procedures, that is why beauticians have recognized the need and benefit of scrubbing. The most popular product, based on which effective scrubs are made, is simple salt. Today in cosmetology two kinds of salt are used, namely, cooking salt and sea salt.
Sea salt is a natural product produced by a method of evaporation from seawater. Thanks to this method, sea salt retains all the valuable trace elements and nutrients that are in the sea moisture.
Salt scrub, which is based on sea salt, saturates the skin with valuable minerals of the sea. When choosing this product, it must be remembered that it should not contain additional dyes or fragrances. During self-cooking home scrub with sea salt, it must be ground first with a coffee grinder or blender.
Also, a natural product is simple table salt, which is mined in underground mines. In contrast to sea salt, it has a more modest composition. However, it does have certain advantages as it has a pronounced antiseptic effect, and it is hypoallergenic.
Today you can buy a ready-made salt scrub for skin care in almost any store or you can just make it yourself using the recipes as listed below.
- Scrub for Problem Skin
For preparation, take salt (1 tsp), baking soda (1 tsp), natural yogurt or sour cream (1 tbsp.).
All components are mixed well until a mass of a uniform consistency is obtained.
To care for very oily skin, instead of sour cream, you can use boiled water.
The finished composition is applied to damp skin, and problem areas are handled gently, where black dots are located.
The exposure time of this scrub is 5-6 minutes.
After the end of the cleansing procedure, a slight reddening of the skin may appear, but this is quite a normal reaction.
If you apply a little nourishing cream, you can quickly soothe the skin.
- Toning Scrub for Mixed and Normal Skin
To prepare the scrub you need to take a fine salt (1 tsp), olive oil (1 tsp) and lemon juice (1 tablespoon).
All components are thoroughly mixed. This remedy is a home-made acid peel.
Lemon juice in combination with salt performs effective cleansing and whitening of the skin.
During the procedure, you must be extremely cautious, as there is a risk of provoking severe skin irritation.
That is why the duration of the procedure should not be longer than 10 minutes.
- Scrub for Sensitive and Dry Skin
To soften the effect in the salt scrub, you can add a little flour to the composition of the product.
It is best to grind rice or oat flakes in a coffee grinder, but simple wheat flour can be used as well.
To prepare the scrub, you need to take a fine salt (1 tbsp.), Milk or water (1 tbsp.), and Flour (2 tbsp.).
Mix the liquid with flour until it turns into a gruel into which fine table salt is added.
The composition should be immediately used and stored in the refrigerator.
The scrub is applied to damp skin and for a few minutes, a light massage is done.
The agent is left on the skin for about 5-6 minutes, after which it is washed off with warm water.
Sea Salt Scrub for Body
Due to the use of salt scrub, the dead cells and skin particles are removed from the body surface. Excess moisture is removed as well. As a result, the skin becomes taut and perfectly smooth.
The composition of salt scrub can add certain components, thanks to which the signs of cellulite, stretch marks, and other skin irregularities are eliminated.
The cosmetic composition must be applied to clean and pre-moisturized skin, after which a massage using a special washcloth or simply with hands is done.
The exposure time of salt scrub for the body is 10 minutes. After this, the remnants of the product are washed off with a large amount of warm water, but without the use of detergents. The body is gently soaked with a towel, and then smeared with a light baby cream.
To make a proper body scrub composition you need to add the following main ingredients in it.
- Sea or simple table salt.
- A variety of additional ingredients that improve the effectiveness of the composition. For example, oatmeal, ground natural coffee, honey, citrus peel, dry green tea and medicinal herbs.
- To the composition of the scrub can be added essential oils, which not only give the skin a pleasant and light aroma but also have a curative effect. You can add no more than 5-6 drops of oil, otherwise, there is a risk of provoking a strong allergic reaction.
- When adding oil, only use the product that is ideal for a particular type of skin. If a large amount of scrub is done and it is planned to be stored for some time, it should not be administered with almond oil, since it has the ability to rapidly oxidize. Perfect option is burdock or olive. Also, suitable massage oils, as they not only can be stored for a long time but also adapted for the skin. You can use sunflower, corn, grapeseed or peach oil.
Sea Salt Scrub Recipes for Body
Depending on the existing problem, the initial condition of the skin and its type, you can choose for yourself the perfect recipe for a salt scrub for body care. Remember there are many benefits of sea salt scrub for skin but you need to use it in a way where it most helps you.
- Moisturizing Salt Scrub
To prepare the scrub, take salt (0.5 tbsp.), Olive oil (3 tbsp.), and favorite essential oil (2-3 drops).
All components are thoroughly mixed.
Scrub immediately can be used by applying to pre-moisturized skin.
This product can be stored for some time in the refrigerator in a glass container under a tightly closed lid.
- Orange Body Scrub
This remedy has an excellent tonic effect. After its use, the skin becomes tight, velvety and soft to the touch.
Instead of orange peel, you can use lemon or grapefruit.
The scrub contains table salt (2 tablespoons), crushed orange peel (1 tbsp.), Olive oil (1 tbsp.), and Essential oil of orange (2-3 drops).
All components are mixed, after which the scrub can be used immediately.
- Honey Body Scrub
To prepare the scrub, take a large salt (1 tbsp.), Natural liquid honey (1 tbsp.), Cinnamon (1 tsp), and olive oil (1 tsp).
All components are mixed, then the composition is applied to the moistened skin.
A light massage is done and the remnants of the substance are washed off with warm water.
Honey has a nourishing and moisturizing effect on the skin, saturating cells with a mass of useful substances.
Also, this product has a restoring and bactericidal effect.
Thanks to the use of such a scrub, the skin becomes supple and tender.
Regardless of what exactly the sea salt scrub for skin care of the face or body will be used, the main thing is to carry out such cosmetic procedures regularly. After all, applying it once a month will not have a positive effect. So, to reap all the benefits of sea salt scrub for skin prepare a proper timetable and use it regularly.