Check out ways to use baking soda for skin whitening naturally. Learn about the causes of tan along with ways to remove it using home remedies like hydrogen peroxide, oatmeal, lemon, orange, etc. Also find out the precautionary measures, effects, and benefits of soda for the skin.
As early as the beginning of the 20th century, girls intensively practiced bleaching face or covered it with a thick layer of white before going out. Tanned skin was considered the height of impropriety. The fashion changed and with it the attitude to the natural complexion. It became prestigious to have chocolate skin.
However, when practice showed that ultraviolet rays cause significant damage to the epidermis, cause early aging, provoke tumors, then women realized that in any procedure one should be guided by common sense. After all, a natural color is not inherent in everyone, and pigment spots, freckles can poison the life of any girl.
So, women started looking for ways to whiten their face by any means necessary and this where home remedies come in place. There are several ways to lighten your skin tone one of which is baking soda. Here we will learn how to use baking soda for skin whitening.
Causes for Irregular Skin Tone
If you perceive your complexion is normal, then you should not try to whiten your face. However, when you come back after resting on the sea and see that a large number of pigment spots appear, you realize that you have to bleach the skin. To some people freckles seem to be a sweet phenomenon, but not for their owners. Hence, you need to get rid of the “gift” of nature.
Often pigmentation occurs in pregnant women as a consequence of hormonal changes in the female body. Another reason for bleaching may be tired and dull skin. Of course, this indicates a malfunction in the body, and here you can restore the natural tone with nutrition. However, this will take more than one month. And if you want to get the result immediately then there is a bleaching procedure. It can be done both in the beauty salon and at home. The products that will be needed to whiten the skin along with baking soda are as follows.
In cosmetology, the most tested and effective means to whiten the skin are considered as shown below.
- Fermented milk products (kefir, sour cream, milk).
- Lemon juice.
- Apple Cider vinegar.
- Cucumber compresses.
- Berries of viburnum, cranberries and black currant.
- Egg white.
- Baking soda.
- Hydrogen peroxide.
Effects of Baking Soda on Skin
Baking soda is present in the kitchen without fail. Today it is difficult to say who first thought of using it as a cosmetic. Effective and affordable means can work wonders for your skin.
It’s not a mistake that cosmetic organization uses it in many home scrubs, masks, and cleansers. Especially good soda cleansing helps the owners of oily skin to removes black dots, eliminates the gloss from fat, and of course, allows you to whiten your face.
Careful whitening is suitable for problem skin, as it adds it and does not irritate. Compresses are capable of deep and soft cleaning of the skin.
In addition, it is often used in medicine because it has antiseptic properties. It easily cleanses pores and at the same time disinfects the skin. Using a baking soda solution, you can gently whiten your face.
Baking Soda, which is used in everyday life, is made in the form of a crumbly white powder, has a salty soapy taste.
When it gets on the skin and mucous, it provokes irritation, so do not use it for masks in its pure form. It is better to dilute it with other ingredients.
If the procedures are carried out regularly, then it will be possible not only to bleach but also to smooth out the relief of the skin. It becomes soft and elastic because dead cells are removed, and this helps to renew the epidermis as soon as possible.
Since baking soda in its pure form is a very active substance and can eat away any dirt then caution should be taken. This is so we do not do any harm to the skin during whitening.
Some of the precautionary measures are as follows.
- Do not apply masks to the sensitive and dry skin. This rule applies to those who are prone to frequent skin irritations.
- Never try to whiten the skin with soda in the presence of wounds, abrasions, and cuts.
- Do not keep the compress longer than 15 minutes.
- Never apply a soda mask without first testing the composition on the wrist.
- Avoid using it in pure form. It is necessary to dilute it with other ingredients to get a more effective mixture.
- Do not apply more than once a week.
Home Remedies for Skin Whitening
There are several ways one can use baking soda for skin whitening. Some of these recipes for whitening, which are very simple to use and can be prepared at home are as follows.
- Oatmeal and Baking Soda Mask
Everyone knows about the benefits of oatmeal, so we will not repeat it.
Such a mask not only cleans and whitens the skin but also nourishes, returns it a matte color.
Using a coffee grinder turn 20 grams of oat flakes into powder, baking soda adds a teaspoon.
Stir the mixture with a small amount of hot water and wait for it to swell and cool.
Apply on prepared skin and hold for ten minutes. Remove the excess with cotton pads soaked in clean water.
- Dilute Baking Soda
A simple recipe for skin lightening is to dilute the soda with water in equal parts.
Apply it to the areas of the skin where there are age spots or freckles.
Lightly massage it and then rinse with warm water.
- With Lemon and Orange
This mask should not be used more often than once every 5 days. It not only whitens but also dries the fatty skin, cleanses pores, helps fight acne.
Take 50 grams of baking soda, squeeze out the juice from a half of orange and lemon, and mix everything.
Keep the mask for no more than 10 minutes, and after rinsing, remove the solution with massage movements.
Warning! This mask is absolutely contraindicated to people with allergic reactions to citrus fruits.
- With Hydrogen Peroxide
The mask is useful because it not only gently whitens, but also cleanses, dries pimples, and removes inflammation of the epidermis.
Take 3 g of soda food and twice as much cream or yogurt without additives.
Using a medical syringe, collect 1.5 cubes of hydrogen peroxide (only 3% solution) and mix everything.
On the skin, hold the mixture for 5 minutes, and then rinse with cold water.
- Clay and Soda Mask
Clay has a good ability to lighten the skin, and after its application, the person not only bleaches but also looks younger. The skin becomes clean and supple.
In equal proportions, we mix baking soda and clay (it is better to take blue) and add water in small portions. It turns out a mixture of thick consistency.
Apply it for a quarter of an hour, after drying the mask, rinse with cool water.
Do not use force to remove the mask and moisturize face with a nutritious cream after the procedure.
- Kefir Recipe
It gives the effect of whitening, eliminates black points, softens and moisturizes the skin, gives a natural shade.
Take 50 g of low-fat kefir, add as much rice flour and soda at the tip of the knife.
Spread the mixture on the face and wash it off after three minutes and wipe the skin with a soft lotion.
Masks for bleaching the skin give good results, the effect of their application is visible immediately. However, before you decide to whiten the skin, do not forget to consult a dermatologist or a cosmetologist.
Unique Properties and Benefits of Baking Soda for Skin
Soda for the skin is a natural cleanser, able to replace soap and foam for washing, make-up remedies. Just a couple of minutes and the epidermis is flawlessly cleaned from foundation, dust, and sebum.
Despite the simple composition and accessibility, soda is often used in cosmetology. Its mild but effective effect on the skin helps to correct many skin defects, improve the work of the sebaceous glands, and prepare the skin for other cosmetic procedures.
The main properties of baking soda in relation to the skin are as follows.
- Anti-inflammatory property – washing or peeling with the use of powder relieves the skin of redness, foci of rashes, and swelling.
- Cleansing – cleaning the skin with soda quickly releases clogged pores, flushes grease, and removes make-up remnants.
- Scrubbing – small particles of soda wash out the pores of dirt, remove black dots, remove dead epidermal cells. After that the skin is renewed, thus traces of an inflammation are completely absent.
- Disinfectant – soda powder destroys the microbial flora, contributing to the removal of acne, boils, and the healing of lesions on the skin.
- Whitening – it alone can easily remove freckles, age spots or bleach the skin with soda.
- Expansion of pores – this effect after application on the skin allows it to “breathe”, it is good to cleanse of dirt and more deeply absorb useful substances from creams or masks.
- Antifungal – the remedy completely destroys the spores of mold fungi, candida, etc., so it is used both for the treatment of fungal lesions of the face, and for the feet, head and other parts of the skin. In addition, soda is useful for the scalp, it removes dandruff and the causes of its appearance.
- Absorbent – soda masks absorb toxins, decomposition products of microorganisms, radicals from the upper skin layer. These substances are located in large quantities on the skin and are very poorly removed with ordinary soap.
- Restorative – baking soda normalizes the water-alkaline balance of the skin and promotes regeneration and rejuvenation of cells.
- The effect of “anti-age” – soda for the face skin acts as a rejuvenating agent. It does not just update the epidermis, but smoothes the first wrinkles, pulls up the face oval.
- Softening – soda softens water, which prevents dehydration of the skin, supports the functionality of capillaries and freshness of the face.
- Anti-burn – soda solution helps the skin recover sooner after sunburn.
Advice! Soda is a faithful helper for people with fatty or combination type skin. However, for dry skin, it can be used only occasionally and necessarily with subsequent moistening.