Check out the steps to do manicure at home properly. Learn about the benefits of caring for nails and hands along with home remedies to clean, clear and apply polish and varnish at home properly.
Home manicure is quite simple if you follow the simple rules. Hands play an important role in our beauty and are an important element of an image, so the way we look after them can tell a lot about others about us. To hands look beautiful, clean and tidy, for many years now in beauty salons they offer manicure services, which improves the condition of hands and nails.
Today, many masters can help those who want to regularly maintain their hands and nails in perfect condition.During the crisis and economic instability, many people do not have the opportunity to use the services of a salon master and they are trying to find an alternative.
We want to remind you the basic rules of the perfect home manicure, which you can use if you do not have time and opportunity to contact the master.
Types of Manicure
To date, there are a huge number of types of manicure for every taste, ranging from classic edging, ending with hardware and SPA manicures.
At home, you can do any of them, but we still focus on the classic edged manicure – the most popular among Ukrainian women.
The trimmed manicure is performed with a mechanical removal of the cuticle. For girls with thin skin on their hands and with closely located capillaries to its surfaces, there is also a European unedged manicure, which got its name because of the super popularity among Europeans.
Such a manicure refers to long procedures, because it does not use any cutting tools, and cuticle is eliminated with the help of special means of care, creams, gels and orange sticks.
The master of the manicure assures that the European manicure is safer, since it minimizes the infection in the blood, and therefore reduces the risk of getting a fungus.
However, if you need to put your nails in order, as they say, here and now, you cannot imagine better than edging classics! And to protect yourself from all “Byak” thoroughly disinfect the instrument, hands, and nails – that’s all.
Steps to do Manicure at Home
To properly do a manicure at home it is necessary to follow certain rules. If you follow the following steps to do manicure at home then you would have a beautiful hand.
- Preparation for Home Manicure
The first thing to do is, as you understand, disinfect manicure tools: treat each of them with alcohol or at least vodka, as an alternative – boil in a container on fire.
In order to independently do a manicure you will need a quality and fully manicured set, which must necessarily be:
- Saws with a different intensity of spraying – from grinding and polishing to abrasive. Choose a glass, crystal or ceramic nail file.
- Spatula for moving the cuticle or orange stick.
- Nippers for shaping the nail or scissors with straight ends – depends on the thickness of the nail plate.
- Scissors with twisted tips – for cutting the cuticle.
Also, do not forget to stock up with the liquid for removing varnish, cotton wheels and sponges, a bowl for a bath, a towel, a table lamp.
- Adjust the Shape of Nails
Begin to prepare nails for manicure: it is best to do this by removing the old coating if any. Wash hands thoroughly before the procedure.
Moisten the cotton pad with a bezasetone nail polish remover and carefully wipe every nail.
To remove all the varnish, especially in the cuticle zone and in the corners, use, for example, a toothpick, on which you can wrap a small layer of cotton.
When the nails are clean, proceed to select the shape and length of the nail: almond shaped, square or pointed.
If you have long fingers, make marigolds of short rectangular shape, which is now in the trend.
If the fingers, on the contrary, are short, visually extend them slightly pointed or almond-shaped. The latter, by the way, is generally the most universal – suitable for any length and shape of fingers.
Once the form is chosen then you can proceed to the formation of the nail.
- If the nail is hard and thick, shorten it with the help of nippers, if soft and thin – with scissors with straight tips. When you reach the desired length, cut off the corners.
- Using the nail file, we begin to give the nail the chosen shape. Do this only on a dry nail and not with a metal nail file – the nail plate can become covered with microcracks, and subsequently, the nail will break or break.
- Cut the nail according to the shape, making smooth movements from the outer edges of the nail to the center. It is important that all the nails are of approximately the same shape – after completing the sawing, compare them and make them identical.
- Proper Way to Clean the Cuticle
Having learned to properly remove the cuticle, you can always make a beautiful neat manicure yourself.
When the nails are perfectly filed, with a beautiful shape, we proceed to the processing of the cuticle.
To it can be evenly and easily cut, you should make a hot bath with sea salt, and then soften with a creamer.
To make a bath for nails properly here are certain suggestions.
- In a bowl of warm water (about 50 degrees), pour sea salt and a drop of essential oil of lemon, lavender or orange. You can add a solution of vitamins A and E, as well as a little shower gel – for a soap base.
- Dip the pens into the bowl and hold for about 7 minutes. When you see that the cuticle has become whitish and increased in volume, it’s time to remove the marigold and start cutting it.
After the bath is very beneficial effect on nails and massage fingers with nutritious cream for the cuticle. Apply a drop of cream on each brush and massage circular motions into the base of the nail until the cream is absorbed.
Now it’s time to cut the cuticle: do it with scissors with rounded sharp tips. First, cut the cuticle with a spatula or a stick, then carefully, smoothly, cut with scissors.
Be careful: any sudden movement can lead to injury, so carefully monitor the thickness of the cuticle, which was captured by the scissors – it should be the same. Peel the cuticle with one line, so that the cuticles do not form, and then the burrs.
Now the turn of the side roller on the sides of the nail: it should also be cut very carefully and evenly, tightly pressing the scissors to the finger.
- Apply Varnish Properly
Now we wash the marigolds with soap, thoroughly dry, de-grease the surface and proceed to grind.
Using a polishing nail file, perform smooth movements along the nail and its edges, smoothing out all the “marriages”.
The turn of a varnish has come. Before the color coating, we put the base under the varnish – it is necessary for even coating the nail.
Transparent enamel dried, rotating hands rotate the lacquer, warming it with the warmth of hands, and proceed to the coating.
Collect a bit of varnish on the brush, so as not to fill the entire plate. By moving from bottom to top, we apply the varnish with the first layer, when it dries, the second one.
When the coating dries, apply a fixer – it is necessary that the varnish retains its “commodity” look longer.
- Nail Care After Manicure
At the end of the manicure, when the varnish is completely dry, massage the coconut oil into the nail base with massage movements.
It perfectly nourishes the nails, strengthens them, softens the skin and cuticles.
Carry out this procedure as often as possible, especially before going to bed.
We remind you that the varnish lasts longer, cleaning and washing are done with rubber gloves.
Additional Tips to Do Manicure at Home
- Manicure should be practiced at least once every ten to fourteen days.
- When accidentally cut, be sure to immediately treat the wound with an antiseptic.
- In case you have uneven nails on the nails, before applying the lacquer, align the nail surface with a basic colorless coating.
- Remove the varnish from the skin of your finger or hand with a hard brush, before dipping it into the nail polish remover.
- The nail polish remover should not contain acetone, since acetone negatively affects the nail plates, making them soft, brittle or liable.